Thursday, October 18, 2007

Slimey Stats - Day 21

Okay, so Slimey has been a chrysalis for almost 16 days - since October 2nd I think. We've had him in a jar on our kitchen counter for 21 days.

I looked in on him a few times a day. I'm a little obsessed, I know.

Yesterday I held up the jar and the brown chrysalis moved. I freaked out!!! But it was really just me moving the jar. Rats! It's never going to come out of there, is it?

Anyway, it looks to me like it's getting a bit fatter and the wings are really formed under there now. Still pretty amazing. I'll keep ya posted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

any word on when he's supposed to come out? The Very Hungry Caterpillar only stayed in his cocoon for two weeks!

Melanie said...

I KNOW! We just read that book the other night and I thought...hmmmm. I hope it's soon. It's hard to tell if he's even alive anymore. I guess if he was dead he wouldn't look the way he does...I hope.