Thursday, July 05, 2007

I Love a Parade!

A 4th of July post already??? How great is this? I can't help it. I got so many great pictures of our great day! We went to the Munster parade for the 1st time since we've lived here - it was hot but definitely fun!

It was fun to be at a parade with some different fire trucks. The boys loved that!









My all-american boys! I love this one. I'm actually quite surprised I got the shot since Talon wanted to be in the parade most of the time! Right after I snapped it he was off and running again!









Uncle Paulie & Talon









Talon sharing his sucker with Auntie.









Better than the last attempt...









I'll admit, the air force fly-over made me a little nervous but it was really very cool!









Near the end Uncle Paul started dumping water on the kids. They all had such red cheeks and you could feel the heat coming of of them so I know it felt good. They loved it! Ben doesn't like when his clothes are wet though so he stripped down to his diaper in about 15 seconds without me knowing. I don't have a picture of that because I was frantically trying to put his clothes back on. He refused the shirt because it was too wet and cried all the way to the car in his slightly damp shorts. :)












After the parade we had an all-american barbecue. Susie's friend Arvid is from Belgium and he's never been the the US for 4th of July. Yeah, that was all I needed to hear. THEME BBQ coming right up! We had all the american picnic food...hamburgers, hot dogs, corn on the cob, pasta salad. Stars, stripes, red, white & blue. I loved it! And I think Arvid enjoyed it too.

Talon and his 1st Stella! Just kidding! He was so mad when I took it away from him. He kept sucking on the top and saying "num". British boy!












Arvid & Ben.












Jonnie & Paul - my brother Paul just told us his hilarious truck stop story. We were all cracking up!









When it finally got dark enough Jon & Paul started the fireworks.




















Simon before he started the garbage bag on fire.









Ben has never really seen fireworks. He was a little freaked out at first but he just snuggled with Auntie Sue and he was fine - until his glow necklace leaked into his mouth. Oh the fun never stops does it!? :)






Happy 4th of July!

5 comments:

candi said...

Great Pictures!! It looks like you guys had lots of fun!

Unknown said...

Hilarious, his glow stick LEAKED!? I always crack up when I read your blog and Candi's. Boys are always an adventure! I also love the picture of Simon and Ben with Wylie. Very summery and Ben looks hysterical.

Melanie said...

Yes, boys are crazy. And completely FULL of energy. If I could just have a tiny bit of theirs I'd be all good!
Oh, I know. How cute is Wylie! I love that kid! Ben told me this morning that he was his best friend after Simon.

Melanie said...

Yes, the glow necklace leaked. His face and hands were glowing. But being a mom of boys, this has happened before so I knew that it wasn't harmful, just messy. I think they bite them.

Anonymous said...

great show on your blog mel... better for us than the actual 4th July!!! M&D